Arkesden Partners has been mandated by one of our US Independent Financial Advisory clients. They have asked us to find a permanent Financial Accountant to join the London team, this will be a broad role looking after large parts of the finance functions of London, Frankfurt and Australia. You will join a growing team of 3 reporting into the FC.
The role is responsible for providing support to the Financial Controller and producing financial accounting for all entities within the business.
You will be a fully qualified Financial Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with PQE gained from ideally within a Financial Services business, though this is not essential.
You will possess a strong technical finance skill set and as you will be involved in the delivery of management and group accounting activities, you will be comfortable operating to tight deadlines maintaining high accuracy.
Role will include
- Ensure all transactions are correctly posted in the general ledgers
- Investigate and resolve all variances and issues
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Produce quarterly VAT returns
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and post all month-end accruals, prepayments and journals (including all inter-company and intra-group recharges)
- Liaising with Group for intercompany reconciliation & settlements
- Maintain record of business contracts and agreements (incl. licenses) and ensure that all transactions are properly posted
- Coordinate Frankfurt, Zurich and Australia payroll
- Assist with consolidated financial statements
- Prepare annual statutory accounts for Zurich subsidiary
- Liaise with auditors, as well as tax and pension advisors
- Prepare information for tax returns
- Prepare information for expatriate tax reporting compliance
- Liaise with German accountants
- Ensure all Companies House and HMRC filings are made within deadline
- Corporate credit card liaison
- Finance approver of Accounts Payable invoices
- Assist with IB invoicing
- Identify opportunities to improve financial systems and processes to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of all group finance deliveries
- Participate in other projects as requested by management
- Produce ad hoc analysis from time to time
- Development of strong working relationships with internal departments
- Fully qualified A.C.C.A., A.C.A, or similar (newly qualified candidates welcome)
- Working familiarity with IFRS
- Working knowledge of HMRC filings and requirements
- Advanced MS Exel skills
- Strong, administrative and co-ordination skills
- Exceptional attention to detail & excellent communication skills.
- Proactive, demonstrating initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Commitment to satisfying internal customers
- German language skills beneficial.